Tuesday, October 11, 2016

To the Zoo!!


Free tickets to the Zoo!!
On a wonderful sunny day in August, we took our little rose, my godchild and his sister and they loved it!
The Zoo in Antwerp has recently renovated several areas and they did a good job creating more space for some of the animals.


Sometimes you need to do some daydreaming...

I can relate...

The owls could use some more space to fly...


How dare you disturb my good day's sleep!!


'And I said to Gisella, I said: anything that's the size of a domestic sheep...'





Wanna see me flip my ears? Do you?

Combine beauty with danger...

Cuddlesome seniors


The zoo is a fantastic place to show our children the animals we would hardly ever see in the wild...
however I can never visit a zoo without feeling guilty and hypocritical...
The feeling was worse when we went to the chimpanzees and one of them came up to the window and started gesturing and moving her lips as if to say: 'Can you take me with you...'
It could have been: can I wear your hat? but still we felt bad....


"The voice of the natural world would be:
'Could you please give us space and leave us alone to get along with our own lives and our own ways, because we actually know much better how to do it than when you started interfering.' "

~Jane Goodall~




No comments:

Post a Comment